LONELY PLANET BEST OF ITALYBook - 2016
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Best of Italy is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take in a gondolier's sweet song while gliding past Venetian palaces, sample olives and wines as you traverse Tuscany's storybook hills, or be humbled amid thousands of years of Roman history and art; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Italy and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Best of Italy:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, culture, architecture, politics, landscapes, outdoor experiences, cuisine, wine
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use colour maps to help you navigate your destination
- Covers Rome, the Vatican, Milan, the Lakes, Venice, Florence, Tuscany, Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Sicily and more.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Best of Italy, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Italy's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check outLonely Planet's Italy guide.
- Looking for a guide for Rome, Florence or Venice? Check out Lonely Planet's Romeguide, Florence & Tuscany guide, or Venice & the Veneto guide for a comprehensive look at all each of these cities has to offer,Pocket Rome, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip, orMake My Day Rome, a uniquely interactive guide that allows you to effortlessly plan your itinerary by flipping, mixing and matching top sights.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Lonely Planet's Best of Italy is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Discover the best of Italy and begin your journey now!