The Achievement Habit
Stop Wishing, Start Doing, and Take Command of Your LifeDownloadable Audiobook - 2015
Cofounder of the Stanford d.school Bernie Roth shows you how the power of design thinking can help you achieve goals you never thought possible.
Did you know that achievement can be learned? As Bernie Roth explains, achievement is a muscle. And once you learn how to flex it, you'll be able to meet life's challenges and reach your goals.
Based on a legendary course Roth has taught at Stanford University for several decades, The Achievement Habit employs the remarkable insights that stem from design thinking to help us realize the power we all have within to change our lives for the better. By ridding ourselves of issues that stand in the way of reaching our full potential, we gain the confidence finally to do things we've always wanted to do. Combining design thinking, problem-solving, creativity, communication skills, and life adjustments, readers will learn:
- Why trying and doing are two different things
- Why using reasons (excuses), even legitimate ones, to explain one's behavior is self-defeating
- How to change your self-image into one of a doer and achiever
- How subtle language changes can resolve existential dilemmas and barriers to action
- How to build resiliency by reinforcing what you do rather than what you accomplish
- How to be open to learning from your own experience and from those around you
Our behavior and relationships can be transformed—if we choose to, we can be mindful and control our intentions to create habits that make our lives better. And with this thoughtful book as your guide, you can.